Sunday, September 5, 2021

Happy Trails IV: Fast Approaching

October is going to be a BUSY month for me horse-wise. I have been focusing on sewing the riding habits for the Feast, but I have several other activities happening that month that I need to start planning for.

Happy Trails IV, the pony party/model show that I host for friends here in my home, is another biggie scheduled for October. Normally held in June, I pushed it back this year to give folks time to be vaccinated. (You absolutely must be vaccinated to come!)


Early this morning I pulled out the Happy Trails tub and began sorting through it to see what I had on hand and what I might need to make or buy.

Thanks to donations from friends and a big find on eBay, I have a huge assortment of really nice rosettes. Their streamers need ironing, but that's easy peasy prep work.

I like to give swag bags to all who come, and found these cute bags on Oriental Traders. (That's a blaze, not a unicorn horn!)

Last year's show ended up being cancelled due to the pandemic (I held a photo show instead) and so I will use the swag I'd prepared last year for this year - a real help as I work on those riding habits.

Honestly, I am not too stressed over this show; in fact, now that I have seen how little I need to do to get ready (er, cleaning the house not included - I'm having the carpets cleaned next week!) I am feeling relaxed and have begun to really look forward to my pony party.

Happy Trails is aptly named - it does make me feel happy!




1 comment:

  1. Your show sounds like so much fun! I’m sure it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete