Friday, September 17, 2021

Breyer(s) Sighting!

I have been reading The Chronicle of the Horse since I got Indy in 1984. It was a weekly magazine at the time, but is now issued twice a month. The Chronicle focuses on dressage, eventing, hunting, and other aspects of English riding.


There is a digital option available, but I prefer the print version for this magazine.

I was browsing through the Hunter Derby issue when this page caught my eye. Do you see what I see??


In a feature article on rider Nick Haness, there was a photograph of a display in his tack room with several Breyers in it!

Two Jumping Horses, a Classic Rearing Stallion, a Lying Foal and Ashley. It looks like there is some tack next to one of the Jumping Horses (where are their jump bases?) and it is interesting that the Classic Rearing Stallion has been tipped so he is on all four legs. 

Like so many of us, Nick Haness had Breyers as a child and they remain with him today as a reminder that "... horses have been my passion for as long as I can remember."

I know that feeling very well.





1 comment:

  1. 'Tisn't the Rearing stallion, but a Fighting stallion tipped down. For one thing the Rearing did not come in that color; for another, the proportions of the legs and tail tell you it's a Trad. Compare him to the Jumpers.

    What's puzzling me is the heads behind the brush jump(?), in the center. Valegro maybe?

    ReplyDelete