Anne Field wrote an interesting post this week about telling ourselves one thing when we really are doing the opposite. She shared how she congas Django, belongs to the Premier and Stablemate Clubs, and yet tells herself that she does not collect OF plastic.
Could I ever relate to that! There are a lot of things that I don't collect, either.
Horse books? Or just plain ol' books? Only some special ones. (But don't look in all those boxes and tubs I've got tucked into the closet.)
Medallions like this 2012 Lynn Fraley thank you medallion for attending a fundraising show for cancer are pretty, but not for me. Yes, this one has its own special stand, and yes, there are other medallions on stands next to it, but that doesn't mean I collect them.
Bridle rosettes?
Okay, I maybe sorta do have a small collection of them, but I am not ACTIVELY looking for them so they don't really count, do they?
These buttons are being kept for their historical significance, NOT because I collect them.
I've heard of people who collect variations.
Who has the shelf space to collect something like that?
but having a fairly large assortment of them does not constitute a "collection" of them.
Mini Whinnies? HO and N scale horses? Dolls? Flamingos? Honestly, just because I have a few of something does not mean I collect it.
So, what do you "not collect"? I'd love to do a blog post featuring photos from readers of things they don't collect. Interested in participating? Send photos and a little info about them to me at horsiemama8@gmail.com. In a week or two, I'll share them here.
Stay 'tooned!











No comments:
Post a Comment