Saturday, September 25, 2021

Dog Attack: Healing & Moving Forward

It's been almost two weeks since Lisa and Nash were attacked by a loose pit bull and the physical wounds are healing.

Most of the puncture wounds on Nash's body are scabbed and filling in,


and our playful, goofy boi has resurfaced.


He is back to coming into the sewing room and watching me stitch away from the comfort of the bed behind me,


and has resumed his vigil from the top of the stairs, keeping an eye on anyone in the living room down below or those who pass by outside.


Being nosy and getting into everyone's business? That's our Nash! This is a,"Take my photo, too!" picture. I was trying to take one of Molly but he pushed his way in front of her and then eagerly did his best SIT and waited for praise.


The hole on his left hind leg where the attacking dog tore a chunk out of it is slowly filling in and has a long way to go, but at least the leg no longer seems to cause him much distress.

Lisa (trying on her riding habit; huzzah, it's almost done!) is healing, too. She got her stitches out and the doctor confirmed what we'd feared - she is going to need plastic surgery on her face to repair the damage from the bite marks. Still, she is improving and feeling better. 


When the sun is best in one tiny spot and your chin is just too heavy so you must rest it on the coffee table. Like I said, the goofy boi is back.

And I am grateful he is.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Nash is (and Lisa are) healing. I was worried about the physical wellbeing of both but also with the emotional healing part. Especially after seeing the previous post about Nash.

    ReplyDelete