First Post of the Day
Here's a last bit of BreyerFest that I wanted to share - this year's Vintage Club bonus Stablemate. It was on display in Kentucky and I took a screen shot of it from social media.
A flocked Fighting Stallion! A take on the 1985 JCP Holiday Catalog flocked circus horse.
I've had one of the originals in my home in the past, but it isn't mine - it belongs to Yvonne Rott and she has brought it to Happy Trails several times.
She also has its counterpart on Legionario plus their accompanying dolls. All are at the top of my want list.
I may never find my own set of the traditional pair, but that's okay - I am going to really enjoy this flocked Stablemate.
And, I can't wait to see how the flocked Stablemate looks next to my flocked Shiny Brite ornaments.
I have an idea forming in my head for an Anything Goes entry for a future GLC show using both the Breyer and the Shiny Brite flockies.
Stay 'tooned!
Hobby members are going to go insanely crazy for the flocked fighting stallion stablemate. I'm sure it'll never come down to a reasonable secondary market price for a non-Vintage club person to afford.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see in-hand photos.
If I had known this stablemate was coming, I would have joined Vintage club this year! Just for that!
ReplyDelete