Second Post of the Day
Thursday evening the JCs^2 opened their quiet book.
After all that work, it was a delight to watch them and see how excited they were about it.
I especially enjoyed JC's reactions - he'd had his own quiet book as a child and so he recognized pages and tweaks to other pages as soon as he saw them. That made me really happy.
He understood the connection to the Wiggles guitar that he had had as a child and the "Play your guitar with Murray" Kangaroo page immediately.
After he'd gone through the book once, he went through it again, this time more slowly and commenting on the pages and what he remembered of them.
Trinity took a look, too. I've told her that I would make one for her as well, and asked her to give me some ideas about what pages she'd like to see or if there is a theme she wants for hers.
Yes, you read that right. I committed to making quiet book #23. I also committed to making quiet book #24 for Lisa. My goal on Trin's is to finish it for Christmas, but we shall see, what with The Feast of the Hunters' Moon approaching and all.
In the meantime, though, I am going to bask in the joy of having finished quiet book #22.
This was fun to watch the JC’s reactions! Your labor of love is so greatly loved.
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure. I couldn't pick a favorite page! Well, okay the horse. But the rainbow fish is so neat, too...
ReplyDelete