First Post of the Day
Just as Friday was not the usual BreyerFest experience for me, neither was Saturday. (See upcoming second post of the day.)
Still, I was able to get online a few times throughout the day and enjoyed what I could.
The Kellys are always fun to watch and they are really knowledgable about Breyer models.
I happened to tune in just as they began talking about one of my favorite Breyer colors, the Appaloosa Performance Horse appaloosa!
I have the Fighting Stallion, the Stretch Morgan, the Stablemate, and the Performance Horse (chalky and not) in my collection,
I watched some of the performances in the covered arena and then did not get back to BreyerFest until the auction.
The 2026 BreyerFest Auction
One of my kids called to chat just as the auction was beginning. My kids always come first and so I missed the bidding on the first seven lots. But that's okay - I can find out what they went for later today.
The Western Prancer sold for $6500 (internet bidder.)
The electric blue Semi Rearing Mustang went for $11,000.
Croi initially sold for $12,000 to an internet bidder but their card was declined and bidding had to begin again. The winning bid for the second time also went to an internet bidder for $9500.
I really thought Sleipnir would be the biggest chunk o'change piece of the evening.
I was wrong; to my surprise, he only sold for $8500. ("Only" being a comparative word with the other winning bids of the auction.)
It was the Silver Pegasus that blew the other lots out of the water. It sold for $21,000.
I have not yet checked any chatter on social media about the auction but in my opinion, the selling prices seemed lower in comparison to past years.
Here is what I recorded:
8) Bobby Jo (Sunday raffle piece), $7,000
9) Goffert, $7500 (internet)
10) Cleveland Bay, $9500 (internet)
11) Geronimo, $7000?
12) Susecion & Le Fire, $8,000
13) Western Prancer, $6500 (internet)
14) Clydesdale MarÄ™ (Saturday raffle piece), $9500 (internet)
15) Moody Saddlebred, $12,000
16) Roxy, $9500 (Stephanie said this was the "office favorite" and that they were sad to see it go)
17) Semi Rearing Mustang, $11,000
18) Polo Pony, $8500
19) Croi, $9500 (first winning bid of $12,000 declined)
20) Criollo, $9500
21) Sleipnir, $8500 (internet)
22) Pegasus $21,000
That's $144,500 for lots 7 through 22. I'll bet the final total is around $200,000, maybe a little more. All for charity; thank you, Breyer!
Bye, Bye Birdie
When I put together the video clips for my seminar, I discovered that, yet again, I'd been photo bombed. (One year, Craig had wandered with the dogs across the backyard and made it into the final cut.)
There's nothing you can do in that case short of refilming that portion of the clip, and it's just not worth it.
This year's photo bomber is a bird that quickly flits across the window. No harm, just a little distraction if it's even noticed at all.
So, if you watched my seminar and happened to spot my birdie friend, comment here or send me the time you saw it fly past and I'll send you a prize! (horsiemama8@gmail.com)
Another blog post is coming - stay 'tooned!
Well, I watched it but I confess I did not notice the bird! I could guess a time from the screenshot you posted but that would be cheating.
ReplyDeleteI didn't create anything this year- never got my supplies together to make a Dala horse out of a Shetland pony. I suppose I still might. We spent time this weekend making a cat condo.
Thank you for your honesty! But actually, I deliberately did not post pictures from when the bird flitted past. So, go ahead and guess! :)
Delete