Friday, July 24, 2026

BreyerFest Loot: The Third (Collapsed) Box

Second Post of the Day

I opened that third box from Breyer with a LOT of trepidation. I don't remember ever receiving a box of Breyers that arrived in such bad shape. 

First, I counted the number of models inside, and all four were still there; none had fallen out through that open side or been stolen. Their outer wrappings were in perfect shape, so I became hopeful that they would be unharmed when I opened each package.

I chose to begin with Oseberg. Like most people, I was hoping to receive the glossy.


Oh my gosh - it looked glossy. Or was that a trick of the light or me just having high hopes?


It was a glossy! And far more beautiful in hand than any photos I'd seen of him on social media.


I could not believe my luck. I don't collect the Wintersong mold, but this piece may have just changed my mind.

Next, I opened Thingvellir. The Man o' War mold is a vintage one, and I am fond of it.


I generally prefer darker models and I got the grulla version, but I would like to see if I can find the palomino, too. Anyone have one they want to sell?

Next, I opened my two Scandi Surprises. I don't collect the Vermeer molds and had been a little disappointed when we found out the mold that had been used, but that's the chance you take when you put in for the surprise models.


Matte brown pinto.


I'm not a pinto fan, but this color is nice.


Matte bay.


Some really lovely shading on him.

Like many other collectors, I was hoping for the appaloosa. The champagne, too. Matte or glossy do not matter to me - I'd take either. So, if anyone would like to do a trade, contact me. (horsiemama8@gmail.com)

(Update: the pinto Scandi Surprise has been sold.)

Stay 'tooned!




3 comments:

  1. I was lucky only in my Oseberg pulls a received both the glossy and matte version both are so lovely. Like everyone else I wanted the glossy appy Scandi but no luck.I too have the matte bay and pinto who are very nicely painted and shaded. I was hoping for a deco of the stablemate too but just received 3 reg ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the grulla Thingvellir, and I love him! When I first saw the Palomino version, I really liked it. But after scrutinizing both colors, I’m happy with the grulla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thrilled to get a glossy Oseberg! I bought a matte champagne surprise second hand at a fair price but I may try to snag one more if there are any in the second chance sale as I also like the roan and bay colors.

    ReplyDelete