Saturday, July 11, 2026

BreyerFest Friday's Ups & Downs

My Breyerfest did not start off as I expected. Almost immediately after logging in, I discovered that there were some problems with my virtual seminar.

First, that is not my horse nor is it the blanket I made. Somehow a photo that was not mine was swapped in.


Then, the second handout was missing - it was very important as it had two patterns that folks would need to make their own blankets. 


I alerted Kat McDermott to the problem and within less than two hours, the second handout had been posted. Thanks, Kat!


That fixed, I watched the live feed as I waited for the online shopping to open at 11:00.


Thingvellir was my most wanted piece as it is a vintage mold that I conga. Oseberg was not a top choice but I am hoping for a glossy. 

As for the Scandi Surprise, a lot of people had called the mold correctly - it is Vermeer.***


Marilou Mol shared this photo on social media - all six colors of the Scandi Surprise. We don't know numbers or the glossy/matte splits yet. I have never cared for the Vermeer mold but I do like these!


I also was able to get the Dala horse and the crystal. My shopping is complete! (Although I would like the notebook which is sold out and the mug which is not available to online participants.)

Mid Friday morning, Breyer posted this notice on social media:


The Online Traditional Access tickets had sold out! The only option left is for Online Stanlemates Access tickets. 


Next, in the gee, that was good timing department, my first Flinka arrived!


I think Breyer did an exceptional job on her coloring.


My second one has arrived in town and is processing at UPS; hopefully it will arrive later today.

As is tradition, I went to Bob Evans on BreyerFest Friday night. Lisa came with me - Craig and Cole are on a trip together so he could not be there.


We took this photo of ourselves with Bob himself, planning to take more outside, but to our surprise, it was pouring when we left the building.


The area got pounded - Curt and Vanessa had 5" of rain and their yard flooded. I waited the storm out at Lisa's home for an hour and then grabbed the dogs and made a run for home during a short break in the heavy rains.


It was not my usual virtual BreyerFest Friday, but I still had fun, got some models that I wanted, and am looking forward to BreyerFest Saturday and the auction tonight.

Stay 'tooned!


*** Speaking of Vermeer, the artist Johannes Vermeer, if you haven't read Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet, you should.



Amazon has good reason to list it as a Teachers' Pick and Scholastic Books as Scholastic Gold. It is a fabulous mystery based on one of Vermeer's paintings and it has puzzles, patterns, and more in it. I read this aloud to my students and every time I did, the students were fascinated and begged me to keep reading "just one more chapter." It is a very clever book.


 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Breyer fixed the pattern handout so quickly.
    Did they also fix the photo showing a blanket that was not yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't point that out to them - the pattern was necessary to do the seminar, but the picture wasn't. I didn't know if Breyer could change anything that late in the time frame let alone both, so I went with the essential.

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you got the models you wanted! I got mine as well. Including Thingvellir!

    ReplyDelete