Second Post of the Day
It's the first day of BreyerFest activities, although not officially part of the listed dates for the event. My guess is that next year Breyer will include Thursday and we will grow into a four day event.
That's hard to believe, says she who was there in the beginning and remembers the two day event complete with dinner models,
1991, Dr Peaches,
1992, Mustang Lady,
1993, Turbo the Wonder Horse,
and a big BBQ served for all attendees in tents (that's Liz Cory and her mama, Caroline,)
and model shows being held in the arena! (I was so dirty and dusty after showing there, and so were my models.)
How far we have come in 36 years!
Because I had physical therapy yesterday then an out of town drive to go get the chair Van made for me, and finally with Cole and Henry arriving (more on their visit later), I am behind on yesterday's news from Kentucky. But...
I did see pictures of the Clarion with flooded hallways - apparently they had heavy rains and the hotel was flooding in some areas. (I don't have permission to post names or photos of that; sorry!) Photos also showed that despite the flooded areas, shopping and other events were in full swing.
I was also excited to get shipping notices yesterday from Breyer that both of my Flinkas have shipped. Currently she is scheduled to be delivered on Monday.
Speaking of Flinka,
where in the world is she? Breyer has posted a key; I'll download that and share it with the final photo tomorrow.
Stay 'tooned!
No comments:
Post a Comment