First Post of the Day
Scroll down if you missed the accidental Third Post of the Day from yesterday!
Not only did Sarah want to make stepping stones, she asked if we could stop by Craig's family's graves while they visited.
The graves are in a lovely, out in the middle of nowhere cemetery about twenty miles south of Lafayette.
It's an easy detour as we headed down to Indianapolis,
Even a mowed cemetery lawn can defeat my walker so I stayed back with Craigs' parents' and grandparents' graves while he, Todd, and Sarah hiked up the hill to pay their respects at the much older family graves.
Craig's parents' graves. Finished, we were back on the road to Indy.
Jenny was very excited to use the tablecloth she had embroidered and it looked lovely. So much work! But so worth it, too.
I am in charge of awards, and so I'd brought this year's ribbons to Indy with me. The trophy is always brought by the person who had won it the previous year - in this year's case, Lisa. (She hadn't arrived yet when I took this photo.)
After eating a pitch in lunch, the bocce tournament was organized and we began.
Trinity and Rick played the first round.
Ellen has a Friesian and I always enjoy talking with her, but I was rooting for Gimmee.
"Wait! What?? I won? I'm moving on to the next round??" You sure are, Gimmee!
Craig then competed against Trinity. Hard to know who to root for when you are married to one competitor and Grammy to the other.
Which means you are happy regardless of who wins - in this case, Trinity!
Quarterfinals round: Lisa versus Trinity. Trin got some encouragement from her parents beforehand.
The winner would go on to compete for the trophy; the loser would play again for 3rd or 4th place.
And she did it - she moved on to the championship round against...
The winner for the second year in a row!
Of course, we then had to have our traditional awards ceremony with everyone standing on the podium Jenny's front steps.
And of course, ever since the Great Bocce Mishap of 2021, we always sing We are the Champions to celebrate the winners, and so the family broke into song.
Craig always gets to sing solo that fateful, final line that nearly took out Jenny's friend in 2021.
No comments:
Post a Comment