Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Of Veggies & Minnows & Lush Pastures

First Post of the Day

Tim loves having Belle's family boarding at his barn. They are nice people, the kids are hard workers, and they bring a lot of life to the place. They are out almost every day and often Tim saddles up and goes trail riding along with them.

Despite the heat wave, I headed out to the barn right after my physical therapy appointment.

It's always good to look out and see horses in a field. 


Penny, Eazy, Sultanna, and Bogo. (Belle went to buy Penny and was offered a two for one deal with Bogo added in!)


New to the scenery are two very full horse troughs by the paddock gate.


Tomatoes and other veggies are being grown by Belle and her family!


There is another change that surprised me and then made me smile.


The Kevins have arrived! A large group of rosy red minnows, Belle's daughter Indianna had asked Tim if she could put them in one of the troughs. He agreed and so now we have a school of Kevins (named by the two youngest boys), Kevinettes, and no doubt some l'il Kevins will soon be on the way!


There is a Great Blue Heron rookery close by; I would not be surprised to see one standing by the trough and fishing for minnows some day. I hope not, but experience says it's possible. Tim's home is close by, and he built a small fountain and pond feature there, stocked it with koi, and the GBHs fished them all out!

The changes were fun to see, but that wasn't why I'd dropped by. I really, really wanted to walk out to Abby's grave and visit her final resting spot.


I had my walker with me, but the pasture grasses were just too high.


There is also a new fence out there, dividing the pastures for rotation, and I'd have to duck under those wires and somehow pull the walker after me.


I was disappointed and even a little teary, but I know where she is and will try again. (I ought to ask one of  Belle's kids to mow a path out to it! LOL)

Stay 'tooned - another post is coming today.

1 comment:

  1. I bet all you’d have to do is ask, and Tim and/or Belle’s kids would help to make it way for you. 💕

    ReplyDelete