Second Post of the Day
I began my day with Elsie Mae on my lap and Tammo handing her a toy.
That's a really good way to start your day!
Lisa, Curt, and his family came over and we did a lot of talking and playing games.
Flip 7 the Grinch Version (Stink! Stank! Stunk!) is a family favorite. We have several iterations of the game, but it's the "Taco 5" card and the Stink! Stank! Stunk! card that really get us laughing.
Lukie trying out Craig's hat that has fans in the brim. Perfect for the 4th of July bocce tournament!
Sarah had requested that we make stepping stones of Elsie Mae's hands or feet. She has the stepping stones from when JC and Trinity were little, and they have traveled from Illinois to Iowa to Colorado to Iowa again to Montana with her. The JCs^2 and Trinity wanted one for their gardens, and so did I. They have become very important to our family as time has passed.
I counted earlier this summer and there are 33 stones currently in my garden. We have made another 30 or so that reside at my kids' homes, and during this visit, we added another 4. That's a lot of concrete mixing and decorating, but it is a much loved family tradition.
so I didn't need to run to the craft store and we were able to get to work right away.
Usually we make them outside on the patio, but rain was threatening so we used the kitchen table.
My stone - look at those perfect hand and footprints!
Jayci's finished stone that was ready to be put in the garage to dry.
Gimmee - I am so glad she asked that we do this project!
Aunt Trinity who is living in an apartment at the moment, but she can keep hers out on her balcony.
The one I made for my garden. I can't wait to put it out!
Next up? The 13th annual family bocce tournament.
Enjoy this video from the 2016 tournament - Jessica's theatrical background is on full display in her impromptu performance!
Stay 'tooned!
The stepping stone tradition is so clever. Will Lida Rose get one soon?
ReplyDeleteI love your stepping stone tradition, and all the craft supplies you use for it. I feel inspired!
ReplyDelete