Monday, January 2, 2023

2022 in Review: July - September

July is the busiest month in the model horse world as it brings us BreyerFest. Whether you are attending in-person or virtually, it is a heady, exciting time. 


Breyer had asked me to teach an in-person seminar on making pony pads, but that just was not possible - I would need a sewing machine for every person in attendance, plus five or six irons and ironing boards to share. So I suggested that I teach virtual seminar.


It was thrilling to be a seminar teacher and to see my seminar on the BreyerFest web site.


Liz Cory was kind enough to stop by and pick up my tickets since I had decided to stay home and attend virtually myself. She brought my models home to me - what a friend!


August brought The FAMulous Collectibility Show, held in Muncie, Indiana with my dear friend Allison Pareis.


I'd made a show backdrop with fabric that had our logo on it along with haversacks for all the judges.

Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile has been around long enough that I usually see things I've made at shows. That always makes me smile.


I made that tablecloth and all six of those pony pads!

When FAMulous was over, I barely had time to catch my breath - I had to switch sewing gears as The Feast of the Hunters' Moon was fast approaching.


I wanted at least one size of everything (S, M, L, XL, XXL) so my goal was to make five short gowns, five bedgowns, five chemises, and five men's shirts. In addition I made three boys' shirts, a girls' dress, two petticoats, four bum rolls, five aprons, two caps, eight pin pillows, and five housewives (sewing packets). I also made 75 beeswax ornaments and 40 beeswax needle cakes. 


In September and in preparation for taking her students on a field trip to the Feast, Teacher Daughter Lisa invited me into her classroom to teach about clothing from the 18th century time period. I am wearing a caraco jacket over a blue petticoat with pocket hoops underneath and a fichu tucked in around my neck. The girl is demonstrating a second set of pocket hoops. 


Here she is trying on the bedgown so the kids can see how the pocket hoops work to make her bedgown stand away from her hips.

September brought a big surprise and change at the barn - Tim sold the rental home and blue barn, and purchased the old barn and farmhouse.

Tomorrow we will look at October through December. Stay 'tooned!



1 comment:

  1. I'm totally amazed at the variety of hobby events and real horse happenings you accomplish on a daily/weekly basis. I'm sure I don't have to say it but keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete