We had a lovely spring and many good things happened as it unfolded. One of the best things happened early Easter morning. Easter is a celebration of rebirth, so the birth of Two Socks Easter morning was a great way to begin the day. (Although I was incredibly distracted in Church later that morning!)
Bold and sassy from the beginning, I still held my breath the first couple of days whenever I went out to check her.
But unlike her sweet brother Little Feller, she made it through the earliest days of her life and has continued to thrive.
In April I attended the Great Lakes Congress show in Huntley, Illinois and had an extended chat with dear friend and Hagen Renaker expert, Nancy Falzone.
It's always a good day when you get to spend time with Nancy!
At the end of May, the Indy Blooms show was held an hour south of me in Lebanon, Indiana. I invited several of my hobby friends to stay with me and we made a pony party out of it. Naturally we went to the barn to see the horses and meet Two Socks.
Shannon Call, Barn Buddy Kelsey Kramer (Shannon stayed with Kelsey), Jamie Rott, Liz Cory, and Steff Bodamer.
Afterward we went to dinner together and to my surprise, one of our servers was a former student of mine who is now doing graduate work here at Purdue.
Indy Blooms was fun and I met a lot of long time hobby friends, including Michelle Evans. She lives in Indianapolis and has been in the hobby since the 1970s.
Before heading back to Lafayette after the show, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant for dinner together.
In June, preparations for The FAMulous Collectibility Show were well underway. The Mares in Black interviewed Allison and me and while I have known Jackie Rossi, one of the hosts, for thirty years or so, I was still a little nervous. But it went well and ended up being a lot of fun.
June also brought a family reunion in Iowa City, Iowa and Nauvoo, Illinois to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Everyone made it except our Florida family who'd been exposed to COVID.
Cutting our anniversary cake together in Sarah's kitchen.
Family dinner at the Iowa River Power Restaurant.
Look for the July through September review tomorrow! Stay 'tooned!
We had a cat that had her kittens on Easter once. From C.
ReplyDelete