Friday, January 6, 2023

Baby Steps toward (the New) Normalcy

First, if you didn't see yesterday's second post of the day and were a giveaway winner, please scroll down and read it - thanks!

Life is slowly returning to normal since James' passing. There are still some very raw moments, but that's the grief process. We did have one big piece of closure Wednesday afternoon when his Indiana memorial service was held.


Lisa with James' oldest daughter who flew out for the service.

It was also Pony Pal Mila's seventh birthday and she was very sweet about waiting to have her family party until this coming weekend. (She did get to open some gifts at home that morning.)

James was from Washington and the rest of his family is out there, so a funeral and the burial will take place there. Lisa and Craig are flying out for that while I will stay home and take care of the dogs.

Which will be fun - here they are "helping" me change the sheets on the bed yesterday, although Pepper and Nash got into a tug match with a toy while Molly simply milled around underfoot and smiled and wagged her tail at me the whole time.


Aside from my blogs and a few quick looks at some model horse sites, I have not been on social media much as I packed away Christmas (the spa tub is empty!) and put out a few winter decorations.


This has not been a good time to be out of the loop on Breyer news - Collector Club entries closing, Christmas Day Horses released (love the colors but not the mold), Warehouse and Grab Bag sales, 2023 new releases, and most exciting of all, BreyerFest reveals! I am soooo far behind on model news and hope to catch up. 


Surprisingly, I have been able to get back to the sewing machine and work on some donations and orders.


These are for Are You Kitten Me Live - I love the vintage black cats! I hope to wrap up my custom orders and pop them in the mail by Monday or Tuesday and then I will officially reopen Horsiemama's Mercantile & Haversacks for business again. (I closed it for Christmas and then extended that to January 9 after James died.)

Baby steps toward normalcy (or what will be the new normalcy), but slowly it's coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment