Monday, January 30, 2023

Bits & Pieces

After two days spent sleeping in bed, I'm feeling a little better. Still no energy, but I am up and trying to write this morning. Forgive me if it's brief - not sure how long I'll last.

Breyer announced the BreyerFest plushy - Sulky, a little standardbred driver. It's cute and I may get one for one of the Pony Pals. 

I was able to get out to the barn but had to do another drive by due to the snow.


This time I saw the horses - that's Abby, Two Socks, Sultanna, and Hokey. (Dolly is out of frame.)


While I was driving to the barn, I saw a rare sight - two bald eagles together on the ground next to the road.


One flew off when I stopped my car, but the other remained on the ground. (There was a pretty gruesome kill they were working on; I clipped that out of the photo.)


Finally, a horsey friend of mine just sent me this photo of her grandfather (in back) with two friends on his pony Beauty in Salt Lake City. He later served in the US Cavalry and his saddle was down in his basement where she would go look at it when she visited. When the Cavalry was disbanded in 1950, he served in the US Navy.

That's all I've got in me today, friends. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling like myself again. Stay 'tooned!






3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Those Bald Eagles are gorgeous! What a sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better soon Lynn. AC

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you're still under the weather, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete