You know how running one errand can turn into several? That was me yesterday - I needed to run to JoAnn's for one thing and ended up spending time antiquing, too.
I had above average HSO (horse shaped objects) sightings.
In fact, the vendors' booths seemed much more full than usual, and it wasn't due to Christmas items - most of those had already been cleared out.
Someone had converted a Breyer Stablemate barn into a display for miniature cars.
Breyer's barn in its current iteration on the Breyer web site.
I was tempted by this early Stablemate play set. I tried to look it up on Identify Your Breyer, but the site is down.
This piece was a shrinky and had the powdery dulling on its legs that comes from the shrinking process. I've been known to buy shrinkies, but I already have this piece. (Mine shows no evidence yet of shrinking but I figure it is only a matter of time.)
The color on the Stablemate beside it was pretty and unusual, but it was covered in rubs and I left it behind, too.
I considered these two prints, thinking they might be good for Happy Trails or live show donations but the cost was more than I felt their detail merited.
I found lots of MIJ (made in Japan) chinas throughout my wanderings.
I'm not sure this is actually a manufacturer's set but instead is a set formed by the seller. The pieces varied in what they were made from; some had finished hooves while others did not, and the eyes differed from dot to more detailed.
I'd never seen this particular piece before, although I have seen labels like that.
This print made me smile - I used to have it when I was a girl.
A pretty cool Fred Stone racing print but so many other things were piled in front of it, I could not get close to see it.
A trio of very different horses grouped together.
This palomino pinto almost came home with me.
Do those front socks look odd to you, too? I think someone may have painted them on.The ubiquitous Kentucky Derby glasses. Since Louisville is only two and a half hours south of me, rarely do I go antiquing and not find at least one or two.
I think this is a Breyer, one of Kathleen Moody's molds that had hair manes and tails with combs and brushes. But since Identify Your Breyer is down, I can't check,
I thought about buying this lamp - the price was right, but I didn't have a place for it and it was too expensive to be used as a donation.
Some pretty cool Pegasi (and a dragon),
coupled with some unicorns. I wonder if these are a hobby mold of some sort?
Another nope!
I walked around the antique mall for about an hour, another bit of healing normalcy that did me good.
What an eclectic variety of HSO's. I never seem to find much when I go antiquing so it's nice to see what you came across.
ReplyDelete