Have you ever looked at something and asked yourself, "Where have I seen that before? It looks so familiar."
That was me when I first saw Nemea.
Turns out the answer was right under my nose sewing needle.
The hand block printed fabric of the 18th century shirt I was working on had a similar pattern to it!
Compare this to the decal on Nemea's neck. Amazingly similar. No wonder I kept looking at Nemea and wondering why that pattern looked so familiar!
Just as I am busily stitching up haversacks for BreyerFest, I am also making 18th century clothing to take to the Kalamazoo Living History Show in March. This is one of the shirts I've made to sell there.
Held at the Kalamazoo Expo Center, the event will run March 18 - 19. Tickets last year were $7 at the door or $10 for a weekend pass.
The time period for this show is pre-1890, so you will see a broader span of time periods represented by re-enactors than you would at The Feast of the Hunters' Moon. It's also an indoor show but there is still a lot to see and do.
If you live close to Kalamazoo, Michigan and happen to attend, please drop by and say hello. I'd love to meet you!





No comments:
Post a Comment