Sunday, February 26, 2023

BreyerWest & BreyerFest Volunteer Model

 BreyerWest is happening this weekend out in Denver, Colorado at the National Western Complex. 


I'd planned to go "some day" - Denver Daughter Sarah and her family lived in Aurora and I thought I'd combine a visit with them and BreyerWest. 

But Sarah is now Hawkeye Daughter as the family moved back to Iowa two years ago. And while Sarah still works for the Aurora Public Schools, she works mostly from home and commutes to Denver as needed. It is doubtful I will ever make it to BreyerWest now. (Luckily, BreyerFest is only four hours from me and I can get there fairly easily.)

Breyer gave the BreyerWest volunteers their models and in doing so, announced that they were also the volunteer model for BreyerFest.


The model is called Chevaliere and is an Appaloosa pony with two colors revealed and a third that Breyer will reveal later in the year. (First two photos from Breyer.)

I've been asked to steward for the BreyerFest Driving Forward Novice Photo Show so I will be getting one of the Chevalieres. 


I've helped Breyer with some other things in the past so I have a couple of volunteer models.


I was lucky and got both versions of Ben Nevis. My favorite is the darker version, but none of them, including the 2023 Chevaliere, can top Zeitgeist, the 2022 volunteer model.


She is absolutely stunning. Appaloosas may be my favorite breed, but black is my favorite horse color.

I don't have any Crois in my collection so Chevaliere will be a first for me. I'd prefer the sooty black of the two that have been revealed, but that could change depending on what the third one is.

Guess we will all find out in July!





No comments:

Post a Comment