Thursday, February 23, 2023

Indiana, a Hotbed of Showing: River City Classic 5

River City Classic is held by Angela Morlock in Evansville which is at the very southwestern tip of Indiana and on the Ohio River.


This will be its 5th show and it is a benefit for the Posy County 4-H Club. (All photos used with permission.)


The show accommodates 50 entrants, and this year's show on April 1st is full with a waiting list.


Tables are color coded to help entrants get their models into the correct class. and this year's show is being held at the National Guard Armory.


The ribbons for the show are lovely


and there are trophies, too! (In the early days of live showing, trophies were seen far more often than they are now.)


The 2022 ribbons - I love that pop of blue!


I was excited to see that a Youth division is also available to children 14 and under.

Things to know:

- There are two Facebook pages for the show and both are kept up to date and are current.


- Show divisions are OF Breyer/Other, OF Stone, Minis, Artist Resins, Customs, AR-Customs, Micro Mini, Medallions, Performance, and Children's.

- Friday set-up is available at 6:00 PM, and doors open Saturday with the show beginning at 8:30 AM Central time.

- The entry fee is $50.

- Your show string  (with your assigned numbers, names, breed, and gender) must be submitted by March 15. No models are allowed to be added to your show string after that.

I've heard good things about this show but never attended - maybe in 2024. (And I might even bring Pony Pal Mila for that Youth show!)

Tomorrow I'll wrap up their series. Stay 'tooned!




No comments:

Post a Comment