Sorry about that, folks - I didn't plan on going AWOL on y'all without at least posting the "Gone Riding" sign. I got up to write yesterday morning and just was not up to it so I crawled back into bed. I ended up sleeping almost the entire day, and slept like a stone again last night.
Craig took this photo of me sound asleep. Pepper has jumped up, laid on my arm, then flipped over into her favorite "deep sleep" position. (And stuck her foot in my face in the process!)
So, what's going on with all that? Remember in December how I suddenly had stroke symptoms and spent seven hours in the ER? The hospital diagnosed them as symptoms of a complex migraine and sent me home. Long story short, the symptoms have kept happening, ratcheting up to the point where I began slurring my speech and worse. One day I could not even walk for a half hour, and now my left hand is frequently dropping things.
I've been under treatment by a neurologist and a neurosurgeon while we try to figure out what this is. Strokes are back on the table, but then so are a lot of things. I have a battery of tests I am undergoing and feel confident in my doctors. Please don't worry.
I make videos for Craig and the doctors so they can see the symptoms as they play out - I have no control over them so I can't just show them the symptoms when I am in their office.
I hadn't planned on sharing all that, but since it's possible I may miss a day again, I thought a heads up might be a good idea.
So... back to horses. You go offline for a couple days and SO. MUCH. HAPPENS!
Ticket sales for BreyerFest started on Wednesday! Of course, I haven't bought mine yet but I will.
One final BreyerFest model was announced. This is Buggy, and he is available to all ticket holders. What a nice paint job! And that mold is very popular - I'll bet it has a high resale value.
I have more to share, (and will be writing tomorrow's blog entry next and have it ready and scheduled in case I am not up to writing again) so be sure to check back tomorrow. Thanks for your patience with me - we will get this straightened out and under control!
O my goodness Lynn-Lynn-Lynn! OF COURSE we're gonna be concerned about you (and a little worried until the Dr.'s figure out what's going on with you!) You are a *beloved* friend--we DON'T want anything to happen to you!! So--I will be putting in my best wishes (& prayers) for your continued good health!
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I plan to get ALL ACCESS tickets for my models! (I don't know what it is but I'm not as enthused about this year's offerings as I have in the past!) Many people have already commented on how "Buggy" looks too similar to the blind bag version-- and for the Breyerfest theme to be on DRIVING horses, I am extremely disappointed that they *won't * put this model out as a Friesian!!
Finally, that's funny how Pepper sleeps!! Her foot in my face would wake me up for sure!(Heh!)
Ok--that's all I have for today! Take care of yourself, Lynn!!
Yes, I was worried when you were AWOL. That's good to hear your doctors seem to be on top of your health and hopefully they can figure out what's going on soon. Please take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI was worried about you yesterday and last night. Take all the time you need! We are praying for you! Feel better soon and please take care of yourself. AC.
ReplyDeleteI second that! Praying for you!
DeleteAll very scary! I'm glad your doctors are going after the symptoms with lots of testing! Silly Pepper! Thank you for the update and do take it easy. You are loved!
ReplyDeleteWe love you Lynn! Take it easy. AC
ReplyDeleteLynn, I will be praying for you and your doctors. Keep resting and taking good care of yourself!
ReplyDelete