Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Indiana, a Hotbed of Showing: Stone Shows

The Stone Horse Country Fair, sponsored by Stone Horses, has been going on for years. In some ways it is like a mini BreyerFest for Stone collectors as it spans several days. Each year has a theme and attendees not only have a show to attend, but opportunities to go inside the factory, a swap meet, dinners, costumes, and more.


This year's event is Thursday, May 4 - Saturday May 6 and the theme is Yellowstone.


Thursday's Activities:

- Paint & Snack activity in the factory.

- Swap meet


Friday's activities:

- Dinner and activities (dress as your favorite Yellowstone character)

- Stone sales

- a Dinner Model for attendees only

Monster Magnet

Saturday's activities:

- Live show 7 AM - 4 PM

- Special guest Monster Magnet

- NAMHSA approved

- a Limited Run model

- Stone sales

Divisions are OF Stone, OF Breyer, Custom, Artist Resin, Stone Mini, Breyer Mini, Stone Dec/Collectibility, Breyer Deco/Collectibility, and Performance.


I attended the Stone Country Fair in 2018, but I only ran up to Shipshewana for the show and didn't participate in any of the activities. (I was still teaching and May is a very busy time for teachers.)

I hung out with Liz and her husband, Sam, and had a lot of fun.


Peter was there and he came over to talk to Liz. (He hired Liz to be the first editor of Breyer's JAH. They go way back.) Too shy to go say hello, I snapped this photo, little realizing that in 2021 I would be working with both Peter and Liz on The Misty of Chincoteague Foundation. I'm not too shy to talk to him any more!

There has been an event in the Fall in past years, but I cannot find any information about one for 2023.  If you are interested in the Stone events, keep an eye on their web site.

One more show to go and then I will wrap up the series. Stay 'tooned!



No comments:

Post a Comment