Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Indiana, a Hotbed of Showing: Fall Stone Shows

Thanks to Shannon Call, we have some information on one of the Stone fall shows. She writes,

That is so weird - everything about Stone's model horse show last fall is gone from the site. It was The Little Horse Show so Stablemates, Pebbles, and Chips. I attended and it was a lot of fun. My husband and I stayed the night and made a weekend of it. I hope they have it again at the same place.

 Pokagon State Park, where the show was held, is in northwestern Indiana close to the border with Michigan and Ohio.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/state-parks/inns/potawatomi-inn-at-pokagon-state-park/

It has a lot to offer, and is well known for its toboggan run. The run has an elevation of 90 feet and takes you down a 1/4 mile track at speeds of up to 42 mph.

It's not for the faint of heart (which would be why I have never been on it. Nor will I ever!)


Here are some pics from Shannon from the show weekend - like the spring shows, the fall ones have activities along with a model horse show.


The inn where attendees stayed and the show was held.


One of Shannon's big winners.


A lake in the park. (That part of Indiana is riddled with lakes.)


Horseback riding was one of the activities.


Hiking.

Shannon and her husband.

Thanks, Shannon, for sharing - I knew there were Stone fall shows but I could not find the info. 

One more Hoosier show is left on the list, so stay 'tooned!




No comments:

Post a Comment