Saturday, February 18, 2023

Gone Riding - in a Manner of Speaking

We are dog sitting Teacher Daughter Lisa's dogs this weekend while she is out of town and I love having them here. They're well behaved, sweet, and good company. It does complicate our schedule, though, when it comes to Molly.

Molly is a rescue from a puppy mill where she was a breeder. She came out of there traumatized and very, very shy. Rarely does she let anyone else besides Lisa, Craig, and me touch her. And when she is staying at our home, she likes one of us to always be in sight - it makes her feel safe. 

Couple that with the fact that she's arthritic and stairs are hard for her, and that means I need to write downstairs on my ancient laptop instead of upstairs on my desktop. 

That's not usually a problem, but this morning my laptop is not working. It's 5:30 AM and Craig (who is a night owl) is asleep and can't spell me so I can go upstairs to write. 

So, I've sort of Gone Riding. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow; if not, then Monday. And now I'd better head back downstairs to check Molly.

Stay 'tooned!



2 comments:

  1. You are a good doggie grandma! She looks so comfy with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always take such great care of animals, Lynn. Molly is lucky to have you as her grandma! AC

    ReplyDelete