Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Indiana, a Hotbed of Shows: NAMHSA Membership Stats

Recently NAMHSA* Region 8 Rep Chris Wallbruch was asked what the current membership numbers are for the organization. She posted this on the Region 8 Facebook page:


Currently 201 members.

R1: 10 (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming)

R2: 13 (​California, Hawaii, Mexico, Nevada)

R3: 11 (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah)

R4: 15 Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, North & South Dakota

R5: 19 (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana)

R6: 20 (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North & South Carolina)

R7: 28 (Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee)

R8: 35 (Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan)

R9: 24 (Delaware, Maryland, D.C., New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia)

R10: 21 (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island)

R11: 5 (Canada)


Region 8, which includes Indiana, has more members than any other region. Surprisingly, it has more members than Region 2 which includes California and Region 10 (a highly active show region) with New York and Washington DC.


(Map found on Google Images, linked to Finding Model Horse Shows - Seunta LLC)

So, what causes the discrepancy? It is logical to think that the more highly populated regions would have more NAMHSA members. And while Region 8 does have Illinois in it, Illinois' population is smaller than California's or New York's.


I have some ideas but I want to think about them before I write. You may have some thoughts, too, and if you do, I'd love it if you either posted them in the comments or emailed me at horsiemama8@gmail.com.

There are more shows in Indiana to write about, but I'm still waiting on information that I'd like to have before I write. If it doesn't arrive in a day or two, I will go ahead with what I have.

Stay 'tooned!

*North American Model Horse Shows Association




No comments:

Post a Comment