Are there any chalky experts out there? I have a mystery horse, one that's been in my collection for years and he is a real puzzle.
Putting him next to another dapple grey from the same time period shows a lot of differences. Due to his dapples and some other clues, I think he is probably an early piece.
while his counterpart's stamp is blurred and worn.
The other PAS (Proud Arabian Stallion) has typical Breyer hooves that are smooth and bare plastic.
They are what caught my eye in the antique shop; they are so pink and stand out so well.
This model was made sometime between 1972 and 1988; I'm a bit surprised that the pink hasn't faded as it has on so many vintage pieces.
The one on the right in this photo (the near foreleg) has a distinct chalky appearance except it is not as bright a white as chalkys normally are.
A close up of the possible chalky's hind legs.
Looking under the tails will often give you insight - I have a bay QH Yearling I wondered about, and when I looked under her tail, there was a blob of thick, white paint. Yup, she was a chalky!
This is the possible chalky's tail. It is darker than the undertail of the second model.
See what I mean? I also did the light test, and light goes freely through the non chalky, and just a bit through the other. (I couldn't film that without help and Craig was gone.)
Last, I did a weight test. 11.4 oz for the mystery model,
and 11.8 for the other.
If you have any thoughts about my oddity, I'd love to hear them. You can comment in the blog comments or email me at horsiemama8@gmail.com.Any insight would be appreciated!












No comments:
Post a Comment