Friday, February 10, 2023

Indiana, a Hotbed of Showing: Indy Blooms

Robin Mangus and Chelsea's Model Horses held the Indy Blooms Event for the first time last year in Lebanon, Indiana. 


Located in the center of the state, just north of Indianapolis, and right off an exit of I-65, the show was located well and easily accessible. 


The venue was excellent, too. There was lots of space so that everyone could spread out.


Despite having 46 entrants, 9 judges, plus some helpers, friends, and spouses, there was lots of room for everyone and people came from all over Indiana and surrounding states.


Kammie Fenwick works on her peddler's wagon set-up for performance. That's long-time hobbyist Maureen Reynolds with her.


Veteran collector and shower Michelle Evans was there. It's always good to chat with her.


I mostly showed chinas and was pleased to do well.


I rarely bring my chinas out anymore (too much breakage risk), but if there's a good collectibility class list, I sometimes will.


My heart is with collectibility.


I even brought some of my really fragile oldies like this Freeman Leidy Circus Pony in purple and green.


A lot of the Great Lakes Congress folks were there (Jamie Rott, above), and they stayed with me Friday and Saturday nights, while Shannon Call came over from Ohio and stayed with Barn Buddy Kelsey Cramer.


Shannon, me, Jamie, Liz Cory, and Steff Bodamer.

Naturally, Kelsey and I took them all out to the barn to see the horses


and meet Two Socks! (She has grown so much since this photo was taken!)


Having some of my favorite hobby people together for two days was the cherry on top of my weekend!


The show went at a good pace throughout the day, and when we were finished, we continued our weekend fun by going to dinner at a Mexican restaurant that Kelsey recommended.


Liz and me.


Andrea Gurdon, Kelsey, me, Steff, Jamie, and Liz.

Sunday was the Indy Blooms swap meet so everyone packed up their cars and headed down to Lebanon again. (I stayed home to go to Church.) I hear that the swap meet was well attended and just as well organized as the show.

This year's Indy Blooms Show is April 29 & 30, and it sold out quickly. But there is a waiting list so spots could open up if you are hoping to go.

Indy Blooms is a welcome addition to the Hoosier model horse scene. I hope it will be around for a long time to come.

More on local shows tomorrow. Stay 'tooned!







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete