Allison Pareis and I held the first FAMulous Collectibility Show in 2019. It was a big success, and was even nominated for NAMHSA Show of the Year.
Allison and I were thrilled at the honor, and soon began planning for 2020. And then, the world shut down due to COVID and FAMulous did not return until 2022.
FAMulous is the kind of model horse show that Allison and I wish we ourselves could attend - an all collectibility show. It is held in Allison's hometown of Muncie, Indiana just off the campus of Ball State University. (Allison's husband Stan is a professor there.)
We work hard to get top notch judges, too. (Not labeled and/or shown from the 2022 show are Kelly Weimer, Steff Bodamer, Jamie Rott, Liz LaRose, and Liz Cory.)
Stan is not only a professor, but he is also the twice Emmy winning announcer for National Public Radio in that area. Needless to say, we are glad that he volunteers for the show, too.
Allison and I both prefer satin ribbons over paper or other options, and we use our show colors for the championship ribbons.
Allison designed our logo and I made haversacks as thank you gifts to the judges and volunteers at our show.
The show has five collectibility visions:
Chinas (judged here by Nancy Kelly at the 2019 show),
Vintage Customs (mother/daughter team of Cristine Holt and Tara Oliver judging in 2018. Both flew out from Utah for the show!),
Vintage Plastics (tow divisions; Tonya Clapp, 2019, who came up from Missouri),
and Critters & Things (here with Liz Cory who has judged that division both years). That's judge Liz LaRose standing in the grey tee shirt behind her.
Held at lunch and a highlight of the show is our FAScar race.
With Allison's love of FAMs, FASs, and FAFs, plus living in Indiana with the famous Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR racing, well... it only seemed natural to include a race of some sort. (Don't forget horse racing, too!)
A big bonus is that the building where we hold the show has an incredibly steep accessibility ramp (which only a daredevil would actually go down ) that was the perfect place to hold the race.
Allison and I have fun so much fun putting The FAMulous Collectibility Show on.
This past year, entrants came from 15 states and the models they brought to show were incredible,
and so were the people showing. (So many new friends! This is Kelly Weimer and Melissa Grant who came from Pennsylvania.)
Allison and I hope to hold the third FAMulous Collectibility Show later this year, depending on some health issues for both us. My fingers are crossed.
Tomorrow I will share about another Hoosier model horse show - stay 'tooned!
I loved attending FAMulous last year! I hope to attend again this year if it works out. Thank for all your great work!
ReplyDelete