Thursday, January 7, 2021

A Recommendation from Anne

Recently, Anne Field wrote a blog post about her "doll army."  In it, she showed a stacked storage set she used to store her dolls and props. It had a handle on top and could easily be carried to shows where it would unstack and you had everything you needed without worrying about where it was or if it were protected from damage.


I've got seven Breyer dolls tucked into the drawer of a tub


and three Native Regalia dolls tucked away in another. The rest of my props and things have been jumbled together in a box, and whenever I wanted to use something, I have had to go through that entire box looking for it. 


There was no organization and worse, no protection, which is especially important now that I have Little Lynn and Circus Girl.

So, I messaged Anne and asked where she'd gotten her storage containers. She was happy to share - Target! I ordered three sets (they come in pairs) thinking I'd use two for the dolls and props, and then keep the other for sewing supplies or in case I bought more dolls and props. (A distinct possibility - talk about a rabbit hole!)


They arrived yesterday and I could not wait to begin organizing.


Little Lynn and Circus Girl are in the top tier along with an empty mini storage box. 


Tier two has props for scene set ups. 


The third one has folding chairs and Breyer accessories plus a doll stand.


More Breyer accessories plus several pairs of chaps that Anne made me. (And an extra pair from an old Brenda Breyer.)


In the fifth tier I put my oldest Mini Whinnies, the things I'd made to decorate a Christmas tree scene, and a Hallmark Barbie ornament from 2007 that I came across when decorating my own Christmas tree.


When I pulled it out of my Christmas ornament tub, I thought of my Pawnee Stables days and how I used to use my Barbie things as a child for the stable I had created.


Wouldn't it be fun to do a scene of Little Lynn having her own miniature Pawnee Stables? So instead of packing the Barbie House ornament up with the rest of my Christmas things, I put it in with my dolls and props.

 
Each set comes with one blue tray. It's removable which makes the storage set versatile and even more usable.


Recognize these things? The sixth and last tier holds the items from the 2020 Breyer Advent Calendar.


Thanks, for the tip, Anne. While I don't (yet) have a doll army like you, I do have enough things to make purchasing this storage system worthwhile. I feel much better knowing that my dolls and props are secure and safe, and that I will be able to find things when I need them.

Now, to go order three sets for my sewing and embroidery supplies...




1 comment: