Saturday, January 30, 2021

NaMoPaiMo: From Pony Pal to Painting Pal

The last day to sign up for NaMoPaiMo is tomorrow. Entries close at midnight and the event officially begins Monday. I'm not yet signed up - I'll take care of that later this afternoon. But someone else is. Can you guess?


If you said Pony Pal Mila, you are correct. She is ready to go and in the coming weeks she and I will be getting together to paint ponies!

 
Knowing how she loves unicorns, I bought her one of the Breyer Unicorn Paint & Play kits for the event.

It will be interesting to see how she paints her unicorn as Mila seems to have an aptitude for art. This is a picture she drew last fall of Pepper in harness guiding her former partner, Sarah, on a very windy day.


Not bad for a three year old. She even got Pepper's harness correct - it's squared off like it should be. (I love how she drew those doggy ears!)


Pepper guiding Sarah on graduation day when Sarah received her Doctor of Divinity degree.

As for me, I have narrowed my choices down but haven't made a final decision. I have a couple of  Stablemates prepped but I'm still not sure of the breed and color I want to do.

From going with me to the barn to looking at my collection (and her infamous question of "Grammy, can I have this when you're dead?"), Pony Pal Mila really does seem to have that horsey gene and I am excited to find yet another way to spend time with her and share my love of horses.

This is going to be fun.



2 comments:

  1. I love that Pony Pal Mila is doing NaMoPaiMo with you. I can't wait to see how her pony (unicorn) turns out.

    ReplyDelete