Sunday, January 24, 2021

What About Molly?

 Second post of the day and a non horsey one, too.

We are adjusting to life without our irrepressible Millie, but Teacher Daughter Lisa has another dog, Molly, who is having to adjust to the loss of Millie, too.


Molly and me driving to my house. She is NOT supposed to be on the console, but she was so excited to be coming for a visit that I didn't have the heart to tell her to get down. (Yes, I took a selfie while driving, but I was in my neighborhood with no traffic around.)

Like Millie, Molly is a rescue and came from a horrific situation. She spent four years as a breeder in a puppy mill and was rescued in December, 2017 when she came to live with us. It has been a long, hard road for her to get over her fears. I don't know what was done to her before she became ours, but I feel fiercely protective of her since so many things terrify her. She feels safe around Lisa, Craig, Pepper, and me, and she especially felt safe when Millie was by her side.


Molly on a walk with me in the park across from our house. She loves to go down by the lake.

This past week Lisa dropped her off at our house every day while she went to school so that Molly would not be alone all day. We do not think she would do well if she were left alone all day at home. At least not so soon after Millie's passing. 


I think she welcomed being around Pepper and us but it was clear she was missing Millie.


Go ahead and climb that console, sweet girl. I am so glad to see you happy and excited about something after such a rough month. We will help you get through this.





 

1 comment: