The moon was very full and bright this morning when I got up. I'm an early riser (a holdover from my mama days) and had taken Pepper out to do her business. I shivered on the patio in my nightgown and sweater, but the sight of that beautiful moon made me feel a burst of happiness.
Something else that makes me feel happy are what I call "random horsey happiness." Those are horsey connections that I come across, often unexpectedly.
Here's a text I recently got Mountain Mama Jessica - we were discussing the birthday gifts I'd just sent Pony Pal Cambria. The end of Jessica's text made me start in surprise.
Jessica? Fond of horses? My girl who has always had tepid feelings for horses? Random horsey happiness!Look at the beauty of the icy glaze on my outdoor horsey decor. Random horsey happiness!
So treacherous, but so lovely, too.
This garden stake is in my stepping stone garden. I love how the rain froze as it dripped off its hooves.
And in my library, too. (Truth: there are more horses than books in there.) I have Stablemates along with the pink NaMoPaiMo medallion I received last year on display.
I have never been able to explain why horses bring me such happiness, but they do.



A most wonderful post. I love your Zebra-and-companions idea!
ReplyDelete