Thursday, January 28, 2021

It's Anne and Jennifer's Fault

I really didn't start out planning to recreate the doll setups for Pawnee Stables, the stable that I had when I was young. I blame Anne and Jennifer  for that; it's all their fault. They inspired me.


Anne made me two beautiful dolls and then sent Elecktra over to visit. Thinking of the wonderful scene setups that Jennifer does, I tried my own. And that was it - I was hooked on dolls, minis, props, and scenes.


I honestly did not intend to go too much further into buying furniture and props, but when I found those cute bolts of fabric on Sinny's Mini Art, I decided I needed a sewing machine. I mentioned that to Jennifer and Anne while we were chatting online one afternoon and Jennifer sent me a link to a mini sewing machine. 


Things sort of snowballed from there and before I knew it, I had bought a table (with working drawers),

a craft table,

and a couch. It looks so much like the one I had for Pawnee Stables, only that one was a wild yellow and orange pattern. (It was the 60s, you know!)


I found some N scale horses to add to the girls' collection.


and a desktop computer that looks just like mine.


The sewing machine is perfect and similar to my Janome, and I couldn't resist a miniature box of sewing supplies to set beside it. After all, when I sew, I have supplies scattered all over my craft table. Gotta be real, right?


The couch is too low, but I have an idea for fixing that.

The N scale horses are beautifully detailed and I was hoping to put them in the barn I am building for my recreation. Compared to the horses that came in the kit, though, they may be too small. But that's okay; I also have ordered the same set in HO scale and will use it if it works better. 

Thanks, Anne and Jennifer! I love it when you inspire me!



2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we are all bad influences on each other!

    ReplyDelete