Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Horsey Embroidery Patterns

I've enjoyed embroidering stable names on blankets and haversacks, but there is so much more that I can do with my embroidery machine. 


Thinking that I'd like to make some gifts, show donations, or even things to sell in Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile, I have bought several horsey digital designs at post-holiday sales on embroidery sites.

 I ended up buying so many that I put them on a separate USB drive so I could find them more easily.


This is what they look like when I open the files on my embroidery machine. I now have five pages of horsey designs.


Some are appliqué, some are simply stitch-out pictures, others are felt ornaments, 


and some (like the two barn ones above) are for decorating towels.


And while the screens may seem to be repeating themselves, it's because most patterns come in a variety of sizes and so different hoops must be used to make them. The patterns are grouped by hoop size. (That's a horse pulling a sleigh in the bottom left - I can't wait to try that one!)

Wouldn't a show tablecloth be nice with a stable name embroidered on the edge and then having one of these horses on each end of the stable name? (I'd mirror image one so they wouldn't be facing the same way.) Or even putting a small one on the flap of a haversack? There are so many possibilities!

I ordered some hand towels from Amazon (I am still staying home and not going out publicly) but when they got here, I was disappointed in the quality. I'll practice on them, but I would never use them for a gift or show donation.


A practice towel that still has the stabilizer film under the embroidery. The embroidery turned out well, but the towel quality is low.

Teacher Daughter Lisa does go out in the community and is going to check out Target for towels the next time she is there. I can't wait to get started!





2 comments:

  1. Trust you to seamlessly blend modern tech with old fashion materials and craftsmanship. I especially like the photos of the phone and the Milk & Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the show table cloth! In Region 2 where I used to show, someone made them once for our Regional Championship show champions.

    ReplyDelete