In December there was a new challenge in the hobby - barn raising! Called the Bridle Tree Barn Raising Challenge, people worked on building a barn or a part of a barn. It was so much fun to watch and see what people could do. Many shared tips and suggestions that I filed away for when I make my own barn.
Since I had been wanting to make a mini barn for Little Lynn and Circus Girl, I ordered the 1:144 scale barn from Sinny's Mini Art that had been used by several people doing the barn raising challenge. (Recognize it? It's a copy of Breyer's traditional scale barn.) I knew I would not have time to build a barn in December, but I do plan to tackle it later this winter.
Going to Sinny's online was going down a rabbit hole. There were so many neat things to buy! I poked around a bit at the premade items, and then I began looking at kits. Those are much like the barn - you put the things together yourself.
I decided to try curling the paper just as I would some curling ribbon when making a bow - by gently sliding the paper across the blade of my scissors. I practiced on the edges of the tape measure that I had cut off before trying it on the real deal.
The last step in the directions was to paint the scissors handles black. I looked back at the photo on the package and didn't like how that looked.
Besides, all my scissors, rotary cutter, and shears are Fiskars, and they have orange handles.
I decided to leave the scissors as is and, if I change my mind and decide to paint them, then they will be orange to match what I really use.
Now, if only Little Lynn had a sewing machine, she could make a new costume for Circus Girl!




(google Rement sewing machine)
ReplyDeleteAnd Little Lynn's sewing machine is now on the way. Thanks, Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! I am loving all the creative miniatures finding their way into the hobby!
ReplyDelete