Wednesday, December 24, 2025

It's Christmas Eve!

First Post of the Day

It's Christmas Eve! A day that in childhood dragged and took forever to pass. My siblings and I would pass the time by playing games together, playing outside, and drawing.

Jenny is the youngest and this is a Christmas Eve drawing that she did that just came to light. (Leslie is going through tubs of our parents' things.)

She titled it "Busy to make the time go fast" and you can see Leslie and me riding double on Amy, Jenny riding a bicycle (she was never horsey like Les and I were), and Steve up in the woods chopping wood for our wood burning fireplace.

Jenny drew smiles as upside down Vs so while it looks like we are sad or mad, we are actually smiling.

Riding on Christmas Eve Day was actually a tradition that Leslie and I did every year.


We'd tack up Amy and Pokey, decorate their manes and tails, and ride up the trail through the woods for a chilly but enjoyable ride. Fun times.

Here's a Christmas Eve drawing I did in 1964. I'm holding my very first model horse, Brownie (a Christmas gift in 1963) and looking at the tree with my dad.


I've mentioned Brownie before, including for the Yuletide Challenge


He is still with me, much loved, and displayed in my china cabinet.

Speaking of the Yuletide challenge, today the prompt is for reindeer or anything with antlers. I don't have either of those in my collection, but I do have this!


An Old Timer hat that Lisa Doughman made me.


Isn't it neat? I love the glittery black contrasting with the deep red, the berries, and the jingle bell.

I am hoping to get another post written today, hence the notice at the start of this one that it's the first of the day. If the second one is not posted by 11:00 AM Eastern today, then it won't be coming until another time.

Cross your fingers and stay 'tooned!


2 comments:

  1. Old Timer is one of my favorites, and your custom hat is fantastic! 🎩
    Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete