Tuesday, December 16, 2025

Yuletide Challenge: Chestnuts NOT Roasting on an Open Fire

 Second Post of the day

Where were these sweatshirts when I was writing the Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins post?? Oh, well, we have them now and our kids think they we are hilarious. 


Craig brought them home yesterday morning. He has a rare antigen in his blood and so he makes a donation every six to eight weeks at the blood bank. He has donated over ten gallons of blood!

Every now and then the blood bank gives him something to thank him for being such a reliable donor. When he was handed his new sweatshirt, he said, "Oh, my wife will like this!" And they asked him if he'd like to have one to give me, too!

It's a little hard to read in the picture, but the shirt says, "Don't be a Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins. Donate Hope!"

That was unexpected and so nice of them. Maybe Craig and I can go matchy-matchy on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!

Today's prompt is Chestnuts NOT Roasting on an Open Fire. I wanted to come up with something more than a chestnut model. (My original plan.) Then I realized that there is another horsey chestnut that could be used.


They are not found on many older mold models, but most newer molds have them. You can clearly see them on the off legs of this beautiful TB Truano.


The Ideal Paint Horse has chestnuts (they are much easier to see on white legs!)


See what I mean? Matrix has chestnuts but they are difficult to see due to the black paint.


And, of course, Abby had them.


One of my favorite photos of her; a gift from Vanessa just after I rescued her.

Tomorrow's prompt is Ceramic Saturnalia Steeds. I'm going to go through my chinas today and see what might work. Wish me luck.

Last call on entering for the Clydesdale tea towel! Comment on any/all blog posts from Sunday, December 14 through tonight at 11:59 PM Eastern. 


I will spin to win tomorrow and pop the towel into the mail that morning so it should reach the winner in time for Christmas.

Stay 'tooned!


4 comments:

  1. Now I am curious. I am a blood banker and am interested in what antigen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember ripping off part of a horse's chestnuts when they were getting really long. The horse didn't feel a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My silly brain came up with stringing peanuts and draping them on a model horse and snapping a picture of the front. Chest. Nuts.
    Probably good I am not actually doing these.
    Love your new sweatshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool giveaway for donors, and how nice of them to gift an extra so you could match!

    ReplyDelete