Friday, December 19, 2025

Yuletide Challenge, the Advent Calendar, & Merry Dancer

The full title of today's Yuletide Challenge prompt is, "'Mom, this box is meowing.' Let's see those Christmas kitties!"

I don't have any Christmas kitties, but I do have lots of kitties!


Hagen Renaker's Glitter and Sparkle, a pudgy resin cat I bought because it was so doggone cute, and then a very tiny Hagen Renaker Persian kitten.


To give some perspective, here it is under Bouncer,


and with my hand. It's small, but next to Mighty Mouse and his mini me, it would be a giant.

Moving on to the the Twelve Days of Breyer advent calendar, this calendar has really grown on me. I got over my initial disappointment days ago, and have been enjoying opening a door each day. Here are days 7 - 9:


Thus far, I think Breyer has nailed those colors. 


I already know the color for the day, but the mold is a surprise. That's working for me.


I actually gasped when I opened this piece. It's a perfect replica of the early palomino Five Gaiter's color.


And that tail sure looks chalky to me.


I am not a fan of the Malik mold, but again, Breyer nailed that old red roan coloring.


I have changed my mind completely about this advent calendar, and if Breyer does a new one in the future, I'd buy it.

Finally, the rumors proved to be true and Breyer's Christmas Surprise horse is Strapless.


What a shame that some got out of the factory in China and were posted online, spoiling everyone's surprise.


Is that what prompted Breyer to release them mid December instead of December 25? Or is it possible that there is another surprise for us on Christmas Day?

We will all have to stay 'tooned on that!




4 comments:

  1. Glad you're finding enjoyment in the advent calendar! I think it's a clever concept.

    The Christmas Surprise model hasn't been on Christmas Day for the past three years. After multiple years of being released on the 25th, it's been out on the 19th, the 23rd, and now the 17th. And they're calling it the Holiday Surprise now rather than the Christmas Surprise. My guess it will be released in mid December from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me it too on being disappointed the model was leaked. There was no benefit other than ruining the surprise. It is called the holiday surprise since moving it from Christmas day a few years ago. Glad you are enjoying your advent calendar now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that dapple grey Mini. (I happen to have a team of 6 of the Trad scale version.) I'm impressed by the conformation, and range! of these Minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad those little ones have charmed you. I think Breyer did really well with mold choices and colorways to match the theme. Wonder which deco you will get??

    I ordered the surprise since the only color I don't like is pink, and if I get that I should be able to swap.

    ReplyDelete