Saturday, December 20, 2025

Welcome to Christmas Decorating in the Rockies!

I am struggling to write this morning and I have no idea why. I'm in good shape for Christmas, I anticipate some time in the sewing room finishing the last Christmas project, and then I will spend the rest of the day wrapping gifts. Easy peasy. No stress.

The Yuletide Challenge for the day is "winter scene." Two words. Two words! And yet my mind is blank.

I've gone though lots of photos and the only one I felt was horsey and wintery was one I'd already posted recently in a non related blog post.

Back to searching through pictures. And then  I came across Mountain Mama Jessica's western pine tree on her from porch. Perfect!


The tree sits on a vintage apple crate from our family orchard. That crate is from the 1940s and possibly earlier - a family treasure. (I have one, too, that I use for displays at living history events occasionally.)


The tree is covered in woodsy ornaments and the beeswax ones I have been making for their family the past couple years.

I have several snowflake molds but this is my favorite.


The bison is difficult to make so I don't make too many of them. But it is also suitable for someone living in the west.

Santa Moon and Stars (a favorite of mine), and a Pegasus. (I will ask her if she wants a replacement for this one. I have not seen any other beeswax ornaments go pinkish like that.)


Mother and Child, the one I gave her this year and the other whose back is facing the camera is a howling wolf on a ridge, another tricky one to make.


And that's a glimpse of winter when you live in the Rocky Mountains!



1 comment:

  1. That is an absolutely charming tree! I’ve always wanted to decorate a tree on the porch but worry about loose dogs or animals getting at it, so I haven’t.

    ReplyDelete