Thursday, December 18, 2025

Yuletide Challenge: Fruitcake!

Second Post of the Day

The word fruitcake" carries a lot of negative baggage and brings to mind a hard, heavy cake with globs of candied fruit and nuts inside. Most people profess to not care for it. (Include me in that, although I have at least given it a couple of tries.)

So, the prompt, "Fruitcake: a piece you didn't seek out but is in your collection" had me looking through my collection for something I'd been given or had come as a bonus but that I didn't much care for.

I couldn't find anything.

So I skipped the fruitcake part and looked for something that had come into my collection without having been looked or asked for.


This gorgeous Appaloosa Fighting Stallion was at the top of the list.


He belonged to my sister, Leslie, and came into my collection back in the late 1980s when she gave me all her Breyers.


He'd been a gift for her birthday when she was seven or eight.


I have a small conga of 18 Fighting Stallions (and a growing one in Stablemate size, hah!) and he is a favorite. He is beautiful and I love the connection back to my sister and our childhood carpet herds.

There is nothing fruitcake-ish about this piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment