First Post of the Day
This prompt falls on the second day of Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights. (Happy Hanukkah to all who are celebrating it!) The prompt calls for Holiday Lights: Lamp or Night Light.
Never have I come across a Breyer lamp or night light while out thrifting. The ones I've seen at BreyerFest and other hobby gatherings have had price points that I was not interested in paying. So, there have been none in my collection since I started collecting.
More recently, though, the Breyer Vintage Club offered a night light, Kirk.
He is a stunning glossy spatter dapple grey and on a mold I really like.
I lit him up once just to be sure everything worked and then removed the cord and set him on the shelf for display. I really like him.
Just for fun, here are some holiday lights from last year.
Our tree and mantle taken from the upstairs overlook.
The dining room windows have some nighttime twinkle, too.
Sometimes we are fortunate enough to see the Northern Lights from our own back yard.
And, of course, I can't leave out a favorite - Friday Night Lights!
Don't forget the December give away! Comment on any post between Sunday, December 14 and Tuesday, December 16 at 11:59 PM Eastern. I'll spin to win Wednesday and pop the embroidered Clydesdale towel in the mail Wednesday morning!
Stay 'tooned!








I have Kirk too and really like him. Christmas lights are the best.
ReplyDeleteI’m really enjoying my Christmas lights every night, they just seem so magical!
ReplyDeleteThat was me, fastapp, the Christmas light fanatic!
DeleteWe drove around last night looking at the entries in a local holiday lighting contest. I love getting ideas for our house. I can even watch that show- the Christmas Light Fight.
ReplyDeleteKirk is one of those on my maybe someday wish list.
ReplyDeleteYour Northern Lights photo is beautiful!
ReplyDelete