First Post of the Day
My Collectors Club Santino was unboxed about a week ago, and it has been on a shelf since then.
In my opinion, the Polo Pony is Chris Hess' best sculpture.
It's also one of his least used molds - only nine releases (including the three different Santinos individually, seven releases if not) in the 47 years since he was first released.
This model "moves;" Hess has caught the forward motion in all aspects, something not always seen in models. (Another example of what I mean is Goffert.)
What a pretty face.
The mold has had standing issues from the get-go and that is most likely why it has not been used as much as other, less well-executed, molds. My Silver Comet has been off the base and stored away due to the base issues - that foreleg that supports the weight of the model bends with time.
The base has been modified so I am keeping Santino on the shelf for the time being.
Look at that color! It's actually much darker than it photographs, so much so that when I looked at it through the bubble wrap, I thought I'd gotten the bay.
Kudos, Breyer!
Look for another blog post later this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment