The Collectors Club Appreciation Sale was way back in June, and here it is, late September, and the models I ordered still sit unopened in my office.
I really was hoping for a glossy Dundee or Morganquest Native Son and had a 50/50 chance at receiving one.
I also had a 50/50 chance of not receiving one.
Barn Buddy Kelsey wanted Sjoerd and so I put him in the "trading post" (i.e. her saddle rack) in the new barn.
Anyone interested in this pair for cost ($54.99) and shipping? Nistar Blazing Kansas LOL & GTF Blazing Ethel are in my favorite horse color and I like both molds, but I'm looking at shelf space and have had second thoughts about them. Contact me at horsiemama8@gmail.com. I'll throw in a haversack as a bonus.
I do like the Ideal Series and Appaloosas are my favorite breed, so the Ideal Series Appaloosa is staying with me.
As soon as The Feast and the GLC show are over, I plan to do a major collection purge and shelf rearranging. As I look at these models, they really make me look forward to that. It's been a while since I just took the time to enjoy my collection by puttering with the ponies.
And now for that smile...
Leslie and her husband Rick are major gardeners who prefer to grow vintage varieties. (Not a surprise, given their love of living history, right?)
This year they grew Flint corn (also known as Indian corn) to shell, grind, and bake with. Isn't it beautiful?
And that corn grows REALLY high!


No comments:
Post a Comment