Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Pretty Color Variations

I group my models by molds and then within their molds, by color. Sometimes that results in a "paint chip" effect like you can see in this picture.


Liz knew I was looking for a black eyed alabaster 5 Gaiter, so when she spied one for sale in Simone's collection at BreyerFest this summer, she snagged it for me. I love the effect on my shelf as the color transitions from a bright white alabaster to a creamier color, and then carmel palomino.(That palomino has been in the collection since it was released. No orange color ever. Always this lovely shade of carmel.)


By the same token, neither of my alabaster Semi Rearing Stallions has yellowed like Simone's 5 Gaiter has. (Red eyed on left, black eyed in right.) I was not the original owner of either of them, so I am unable to trace their history before they came into my collection.

While I think the creamy color is pretty, I would like to whiten this piece up. Our windows are the kind that block the rays of the sun, so I would have to take the Five Gaiter outside and put it in the direct sunlight. I always hesitate about that. What if the model bloats? What if all that gorgeous pinking fades because I did not protect it well enough? Or the wind blows it over and it gets scuffed?

I rarely whiten a model because of those concerns, and so this boy keeps sitting on my shelf in paint chip position. (Hmmm, Paint Chip would be a good name for him...)


And now a smile!

It's always fun coming across a photo where the people are wearing clothing that you made!

I made Jean's shortgown (left) and Whitney's bedgown (right.) They are Feast volunteers at one of the food booths. (Picture used with permission.)






No comments:

Post a Comment