Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The Feast Map Arrives

If falling asleep in a chair at 10:30 in the morning is any indicator, the constant sewing is wearing me down. Who'd have thought such a non-physical activity could wear a girl out like that? (Although actually I suspect it is the stress that is making me so tired, not the sewing.) 

I was delighted to receive the map of the 2023 Feast in the mail. There are over 6,000 participants (those who are registered and officially vending, demonstrating, and performing) and it takes a lot of organization to make sure there is a place for all of them to set up their tents. Plus we get between 40,000 to 60,000 people who come to see, buy, and eat and there has to be room for folks to walk around between the tents and booths.

I'm in the same spot I had last year (red circle) which had a lot of foot traffic and so I ended up with a lot of customers and sold very well. Leslie and Rick also have a tent (blue circle) and while Leslie needs to circulate around the grounds and check on things all day, Rick spends most of the day selling. (Although Lisa will pop over from our tent to give him a break a couple of times a day.)


When Leslie needs a break, she slips in through the back of my tent. There's a hidden entrance that I leave in the back and she uses it to slip away from her duties for a few moments and take a break herself. She can sit in my tent for a while, cool off, close her eyes and just chill.


The rest of the family knows about that entrance, too. They also come in and take breaks or to say hello.

Receiving the Feast 2023 map and index made the approach of the Feast seem even more real. Hopefully I can relax a bit and not stress out so much that I find myself taking more inadvertent morning naps like I did yesterday!








No comments:

Post a Comment