Well, I tried. I really did. I planned to get a lot of things done on Labor Day, things I honestly believed I could accomplish that day. And I got a good start, but I was behind schedule in very little time.
I began by getting the horse room ready for videotaping by moving all the Feast of the Hunters' Moon boxes and tubs, the clothes rack, and Pepper's bed out of the way for filming.
What the camera saw.
What the camera did not see.
Filming went well until the very end when we had an issue that completely shut filming down. We won't be able to film the last part until I fix something. Hopefully it will be a quick fix, but sometimes when you are facing deadlines, it seems as though everything takes longer to do and what can go wrong, will.
What filming we accomplished took us all morning, but that was partly because Lisa, who was doing the filming, strongly feels I should begin doing YouTube videos in addition to my daily blog writing. We had quite a discussion in the middle of shooting, and her reasons are sound, but a YouTube channel would also be time consuming, and that is in short supply for me at the moment. I said I'd think about it and we left it at that.
Next on my agenda was finishing the men's shirt that was sitting on my sewing table.
It only needed to have the sleeves (which were already finished) set into the shirt and then the side seams stitched. Easy peasy.
Except that my sister began texting me photos of the new block print fabrics she'd just gotten in to sell at The Feast and asking me if I wanted to come up and choose some.
I got home at 4:30 and Curt dropped by to pick up Gus, staying to visit and tell us about their trip. And just like that, the day was gone and I had only gotten to one thing on my to-do list.
To paraphrase one of 18th century poet Robert Burns' poems, "The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men often go astray..."
No comments:
Post a Comment