Monday, September 11, 2023

How About Some Good News?

Second Post of the Day

"When I'm worried, and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep."

Wise words sung by Bing Crosby in the iconic film, White Christmas. And on September 11, when I can't help but remember the horrific things that happened, things that I watched unfold in real time, it helps me to "count my blessings" as Bing suggests.

Here are a few:

1) Remember those possible TIAs (mini strokes), migraines, loss of speech, droopy face, numbness, weakness, and shaking in my hands and then later, my entire body, and so on that began last December?

Completely disappeared! My last event was around the 4th of July and there have been no symptoms whatsoever since. Zip! Zero! Nada! Nothing!

Better yet, I have regained all those functions I'd lost and, with the exception of an occasional hand tremor when I am really tired, I am back to normal.


2) Music City Son Cole is editing that video I'm making. It's due October 1 and I sent the clips I'd recorded with Lisa on Friday. A day later he sent me a rough draft of the video to watch. It still needs music and graphics, and I need to re-film the ending clip, but essentially it is done. With several weeks left before it is due! What a relief!


3) Long time readers may remember that two years ago, Nash and Lisa were attacked by a loose pitbull while out on a walk in their neighborhood. Both sustained bad injuries, with Lisa's facial injuries (still) needing to be repaired by plastic surgery.

The dog's owners made no effort to help Lisa or offer to pay her bills although they did admit fault (they had put a log pile along their backyard fence which the dog climbed to jump the fence.)

With bills racking up and no action or contact from the owners, Lisa finally filed a claim in court this August. That got the dog owners' attention and long story short, they settled out of court with their insurance company paying everything she asked for - including the plastic surgery on her face!


4) Craig and I are Friday Night Lighters, attending games at his old high school on Fridays in the fall.


Craig and me with a friend in the stands watching a game earlier this season.

His high school is old (my mom and his dad graduated from there) and they are celebrating the school's 100th year of football next Friday.

The school's athletic department sifted through 100 years of teams and pulled the best of the best players from over the years, creating the 100 Year Team. Guess who made that team?

Why yes, that handsome guy on the left did!


I feel much better nor that I've counted my blessings rather than sheep! (Although truth be told, I always count horses, not sheep.)




3 comments:

  1. Hooray for good news! We all need a little more of that. Glad to hear that your symptoms have disappeared and that the pit bull's owners have been held accountable. I wonder if they still have the dog....

    Onwards to better times! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely reminder. I too would count horses not sheep...

    ReplyDelete