Tick! Tick! Tick!
It seems as though I am constantly hearing a clock ticking in my mind. At times my stress levels have been through the roof as I think about all I need to do.
Did you notice how early yesterday's blog entry posted? I'd woken up at 2:30 AM and could not get back to sleep, so I got up and went to work. I am an earlier riser, but that took it to new heights!
That early rising did help me get some things done that had been hanging over my head. The video now has all it's editing spots marked and the graphics planned. I need to re-record the very last segment and then off to the film editor it goes. Due date is October 1 so I am in good shape on making that deadline.
Tick! Tick! Tick!
The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is my next deadline. It happens October 7 - 8 at Fort Ouiatenon, but I will be working on the grounds beginning Wednesday, October 4. I need to be ready by then.
I have sewn a lot of clothing to sell, but I will not have everything finished that I'd like to take. As you can see, my office is a mess with things set up for re-filming the video as well as all my Feast boxes and tubs out as I take inventory.
I used hand block printed cottons from India for many of the things I make,
and Leslie is a US dealer for them. She lets me have them at cost.
Like me and other reenactors in the midwest, she is preparing for the Feast, too, so she has ordered many, many new fabrics to sell there. (I will also sell them from my booth for her.)
She keeps sending me tantalizing photos of what's coming in and inviting me to come up and take what I want. I've been up to her farm twice this week already and am probably going up again later today.
But I don't just sew block prints; I have several tubs of other fabrics. Men's voyageur shirts also came in small prints, checks, and solid colors. Other types of fabric than cotton, too, like this light green linen.
Linen can be a bear to sew (depends on the weight of the fabric), and this linen was in the bear category. But I liked it so much, I have a men's shirt nearly finished and I made this pocket for myself from it.
Tick! Tick! Tick!
Finally on my docket is the Great Lakes Congress show on October 21. I am really looking forward to this show and seeing lots of friends. I'll be taking the Mercantile with me, and I am thinking about taking Pony Pal Mila. She has quite a few models now, and while they are mostly unicorns, I think she has enough non unicorns to enter.
And, the class list is small enough that I think I could work the Mercantile while at the same time helping her get her models into their classes.
Youth Division
*This division is for those new to showing and are younger than 15 years old
1Y. Western Performance
2Y. English Performance
3Y. OF Plastic Stock
4Y. OF Plastic Light
5Y. OF Plastic Draft
6Y. OF Plastic Pony
7Y. OF Plastic Sport
8Y. OF Plastic Other Breed
9Y. We are Family (Foal and Mare or Stallion)
10Y. My Favorite Model
I need to decide on that soon. I have spoken with Vanessa about it and she's given me the green light to take Mila. And Mila has spent enough time with my collection that she's learned to be very careful around models and to not touch unless she checks first that it's okay. I feel very comfortable bringing her to a show as a result.
Mila seems to have a real interest in model horses, and I am willing to nurture that love.
After all, she's the one who asked me, "Grammy? Can I have this when you're dead?"
Yep! That's my Mila!
Tick! Tick! Tick!
No comments:
Post a Comment