Second Post of the Day
I love running across model horse references, whether it's while I'm out and about running errands, reading, or something else. Here is a recent one I found in The Chronicle of the Horse.
With The Feast of the Hunters' Moon coming in October and then the Great Lakes Congress show two weeks after that, I'd fallen behind in my reading. I was tired and needed a break from the sewing machine. Reading a magazine article or two would be perfect.
No doubt many of those model horses that Karol had were Breyers.
It is not unusual to learn that many of our top riders started with model horses. Model horses are frequently referenced when asked how it all began for a horsey girl who had family that was not. Often the love and passion for horses is already there, but the real horse isn't.
Enter model horses. It was Jan Karol's way, and it was mine, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment